Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm back

to share another card.

lol I missed that deadline after all.

I needed to do up card for my brother in law who had a 40th b'day party on Saturday. Here is what created with the Purple Onion Doodled birthday stamp set.

Happy birthday


and a detail pic of the present bow. I stamped up the image twice cutting out the bow to give it a 3d look.


I played around with my copics on this one.

Here are the colours I used.

Present-E33
Bow BG 93 and 96

I used my blender pen to take out some of the colour around the spots on the present and doodled the extra line with my multi liner.

I popped out to my LSS on Friday as they had some new Copic colours come in and I had some teaching credit that was calling my name. lol My little bag of copic pens is now pretty much full and they are in need of a new home seeing as I will be adding some more to my collection very soon. I have caught the copic bug bad haven't I.

If you would like to know more about them make sure you are checking out the Marker Monday posts over at Lime Tart. Nic has been working very hard putting them together. She has been going through some of the Copic background in introductory posts over the past few weeks and has worked on getting a Copic club starter kit and ongoing resource folder started too. The copic club starter kit has been very popular and next week she will start to share some colouring tips with us all.

I've had a pretty relaxed long weekend out here. Enjoying spending time at home in my pjs and playing with my latest Lime Tart kit. Can't wait to show you what I have created.

Well that's it from me. I think I will get out of my pjs now.

Thanks for popping in, any comments and happy creating.

3 comments:

Angela Weimer said...

Julie, Another beautiful card. I love the rustic colouring and feel of it. Thanks for sharing. Angela

Alyssa said...

What a gorgeous card hun.. Well done :) My MIL has recently started to get into the copic markers and they sounds very intresting :) She has also started creating her own images for cards which are so cool! Her bloog is http://vickiejstudio.blogspot.com/2010/06/grand-opening-of-crafters-digital-art.html if you wanted to have a looksy :) Take Care xx
Lys

Mel said...

Wow this is awesome too, just loved the doily by the way on the previous card and this is just gorgeous with the twine on, wow those copics are just awesome, if I taught I would never actually get any cash either. Love Melxx Hope missy is well.