Sunday, May 23, 2010

The count day is on

and it is only a few days now till I am on a plane to Cairns. My scrappy stuff is packed and some of my clothes as well.

It has been a quiet week out here all expect for Friday that is, my birthday.

Craig and Asher got me a small camera that I can pop into my bag so I don't have to take my big one away with me. I got some money from my in laws, scrappy goodies and a cookbook from friends and my parents parted with some of their quantas frequent flyer points a while back for my flight to QLD as my pressie.

My friend Jane and I head out to the craft fair on the train. It was mainly quilting and beading stalls but I did manage to pick up some stamps, a few copics and an embossing folder.

Then that night I went of to a local for a crop. When the girls at Just scrapbooking found out it was my birthday on the night of one of their Friday crops they made sure I was there. Not that I needed to be pushed very much. Getting some of Carols pineapple cheesecake was enough to get me there.

I managed to do up a card and a tag on the night, although it was tough with all the laughs. I nearly had coffee splatters over my work several times.


You make me smile card

I have done this one up for a Copic card challenge being run by Copic Australia. You can check out all the details here.


We needed to use the first three colours on our project.

Flower-BV02
Dress-Y06
Shoes, dress trim and cheeks-E02
Hair-E33,E35,E37
Skin-E00

I also played around with making a tag to wear at the retreat next weekend.


Although ti hasn't stayed that way. It has been added too some more since I took this photo but I will share that once the retreat is over as I don't want the girls to see the finished project yet.

The gallery went up over at Lime Tarts durring the week too. Here is a favorite project of mine.


I scrapnapped my friend Lou's cheeky little girl Lucy.

Well that is all from me for now.
Till next time, which we be on the Tuesday when I get back home thanks for popping back in, any comments and happy scrapping.



11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh I am so sorry I missed your Birthday....Happy Belated Birthday!!! Yay for May birthdays!!!

Sounds like a great time was had and ENJOY your time away...wish I were going with you!!! :-)

Kat said...

Glad that you had a fabulous birthday AND got some of Carol's yummy cheesecake...hehe

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like U had a fab fab fab day!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the card, the lo...and loving that tag too....of course it does say JULIE!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jenneke said...

WOW Julie, if only I could come with you on your trip.... I would so much LOVE to meet you and Mandy irl!!!
Have a GREAT trip, say hello to Mandy and come home safely!!

XXXJenneke

Pia said...

wow beautiful layout, lovely colours. Great card.
hugs Pia

Melinda Spinks said...

Happy Belated Birthday Julie... glad you had a lovely day and received some wonderful gifts.
Love the projects!
Not long now until Cairns!

ann said...

love the cards and LO. Glad you had a fab birthday and have a wonderful time in QLd at the retreat!!!!!

Sarah aka Byclops said...

Have an AWESOME time at the retreat Julie, and take lots of photos!!! We'll have to all catch up when we're all back :)

Deb said...

Gorgeous creations Julie. Have a fantastic time at the retreat....I know you will.

Moonie said...

very gorgeous work here.... love the lime and black... have a great time in Cairns x

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your card and tag! Adorable! Have a great time!