Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Lets get shabby new challenge

is up

CHALLENGE#12
.
.
Create a shabby project with an emphasis on

PAINT, CHIPBOARD and LACE

You can include other scrappy goodies on your project
but paint, chipboard and lace should be the main components.
.
Please check the sidebar for the faqs and rules and have fun with the new criteria!!


Here is what I created.

Dance.


The photo was taken at one of Missy's first dance classes nearly five years ago. The canvas has been claimed by Missy too. It is now sitting on her dressing table.

Here are some detail photos.

The paint is there but I ended up covering most of it with lace. You can see areas of it where it meets the paper with the distress stamping over it




Pop on over and check out what the other Shabby girls have done. I hope that you get to play along with us this month.

Till next time, which will be after I get back home from my retreat, thanks for popping in, any comments and happy scrapping.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wauw love it great work.
byebye,Lean.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE what U created!!! WOW!! That is GORGEOUS!! Have fun at the retreat! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Oh I just love this one Julie...so filled with the best details!!! AWESOME!!!

Wishing you a great week!!!

An Zeelmaekers said...

waaaw this is great!!! i love it very much.

ann said...

Love it Julie gorgeous photo of Missy

Angela Weimer said...

This is Gorgeous! I love the soft feelng you gave it. Thanks for sharing. Angela

Jill said...

This is the epitome of shabby and SUPER chic!!

Blossom inch said...

ooo...lovely layout.
Hugs, yuz

Unknown said...

Oooooh...love the textures on this one Julie! Great paint work!

Mel said...

Oh my goodness Julie, I am not surprised Missy grabbed this for her dressing table, wow, this is truly magnificent, wow you are so amazing girl, I wish I could just watch you for a bit, that stamping is just amazing and the butterfly and flower.....just exquisite dear friend. Hope you are all well. Love Melxx

T.W said...

This is such a lovely LO...
Love the soft sepia toned colors, the lace, the flowers... wow...