Monday, June 29, 2009

Scraping the music

The new song is up over at Scrapping the music. Beautiful Sunday by Daniel Boone.
When I first heard this song it was one I couldn't get out of my head for days.
Here is my page that I did while at a crop on Saturday.This one took me a while to do as it involved heaps of cutting out and I very nearlly tore it serveral times. There are two sheets of the Prima stiched papers on this. One with the stiched blue frame around the edge, the flowers and leaves and I cut out the flowers on the second sheet again to 3d them.See them blue scallops tucked under the stiched edge. I punched out a heap of small circles and added them to the reverse side. Took me a while and the girls at the crop all thought I was crazy but I love the look and will be doing something similar again for sure.I tucked some trim in behind some of the leaves at the botton and added some basic Grey birds too.
Hope you all can play along with us this week.
Till next time thanks for popping by, any comments and happy scrapping

14 comments:

Peggy said...

Definitely worth all that work Julie, the details are amazing and make the whole LO just stunning!
xxx Peggy

Kerryn said...

WOW awesome cut out work and the layout looks fantastic!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

the details on that layout are amazing, can't wait to see it IRL.
xx

Lisa said...

I'm thinking this has to be THE most detail work I've ever seen on a page! Magnificent!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that stitching...and loving the POMPOMS!!! And CAN I SAY that I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee MY LO????!!!!!??????!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!! It is GORGEOUS!! Thanks soooooooooooooooo MUCH! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nicole said...

gorgeous!! love the stitching :)

BecM said...

I saw this up on the site, just gorgeous!

Ceci said...

Oh my goodness Julie, I can't stop gawping at this layout...it's simply beautiful! Such clever use of paper and colour, fabulous! :)

mandysea said...

OMG Julie, this is super stunning!! Like way way super stunning!! The work you must have put into this - I can imagine!!!!
Just goregeous gf!!!

Anonymous said...

This layout is amazing. Love al the stitching and the paper looks just like fabric.

Pajalu said...

Julie your work always has that WOW factor in it. I am constantly amazed at what you do. You are one talented lady :-D

Diana said...

beautiful layout Julie

Unknown said...

PFFFF lots of work but its one beauty.
greetings,Lean

Chowchow said...

This is such a beautiful layout. Love the stitching. I am wondering how you can stitch o neatly.