Sunday, June 14, 2009

A scrapy weekend

I have had a pretty quiet weekend this week.
Saturday we popped out for a bit to get lotto and some goodies from my LSS for my latest STM page.
Did you hear that big screaming noise yesterday morning?
It was probably Missy lol. Part of our lotto routine each Saturday is her checking the tickets in the machine and if we win lotto she is able to buy a magazine. She has been wanting one of the cat magazines that come with a soft toy that are out at the moment for ages. Well anyway usually the response is Sorry and my Missy is a little glum but not yesterday. It's a winner mum It's a winner. She was jumping up and down and yelling so much that everyone in the whole news agent was in fits of laughter. Pity it wasn't a big win. Just enough for her to get a magazine and pay for this weeks lotto.
Today Craig was out racing his remote control cars all day so Missy and I had a pj day. We did the washing, made some biscuits, did a little housework, played wii, watched Tinkerbell, had a tea party and some scrapping.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The challenge this month was to use material, lace, more than 6 buttons and hand stiching. I had fun with this one.
Don't forget to pop in and check out the details for the Blog party tomorrow night. lol I thought it was on last night and was wondering why the chat was very quiet until Zany pointed out that I was very early.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Pages in time

This weekend Lesley was running a mini crop and I managed to get two scraplifting challenges done.

The first one was to scrap lift yourself and I lifted my giving layout from a few posts back. This is my page for last week in my 52 weeks album. Missy nearly has the knack of tying her laces.The other scraplift challenge was to lift a layout/card/OTP project belonging to one of the dters. Luci does some gorgeous OTP projects and I lifted this page from a mini album that she posted and used it as a base for a card.I have popped this one into the die cut challenge on the Hero Arts blog. Not that I have many die cuts but they did have a few templates we could print out so I did that and stamped my favorite script stamp over it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets get shabby

Pop on over and say hello to the girls. We have been introducing the team over the past few days in the lead up to the first challenge on the 25th. Don't forget to pop in and tell us what Shabby means to you to be in the running for a Shabby rak which we will draw on the 24th.

Well that is about all from me for now, till tomorrow that is when I can share my STM and Ad this pages. Till then thanks for popping in, any comments and happy scrapping.

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee the lotto story!!!! toooooooooooo CUTE!!! AND loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your LO's and cards.....that first LO with all the flowers and BUTTONS is STUNNING!!!! And I soooooooooooooooooo can't WAIT to post STM tonight....I am really proud of mine for tonight!! LOL!:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jenneke said...

LOVE your layouts, Julie!
The pink one is gorgeous!!! And what a great idea to lift a page of yourself!! Gonna try sometimes!
Looking forward to see your layouts for STM and Ad This!!
XXXJenneke

Unknown said...

How nice to have a pj day and how the little things in life can create so much fun. Winner, winner, magazine winner should be her new chant! I love all the layouts and card, have a great weekend!
-Cher

Jocelyn said...

What a cute story about you winnings with the Lotto!!!! I am so glad she got her magazine!!! Wow...look at all those beautiful creations!!!! Love them!!! Wishing you a wonderful week!! :)

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Totally love your 123 layout - the rest are superb too.
LOL about Missy A and the lotto ticket.
xx

Anonymous said...

Great work as usual Julie. Stunning! Loved Missy's story. Hope she loves her magazine and just wait for the 'can I collect them!' next week. LOL hope you win again for Missy. There's also a small chipboard rak that you might like on my blog too.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

LOL I thought I could hear some screaming the other day!! ;) how CUTE. Sometimes the quiet weekends are the best weekends.

I loooove both your Laces layouts and the card scraplift is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say I love those squiggly strings twirly twirling around the flowers! Wow! love the dimension and texture!

Kerryn said...

Gorgeous work Julie! Particularly love the 123 challenge layout :).