Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some scrapping to share and a rak up for grabs

I headed of to my monthly crop day yesterday and had a ball. Yummy food, great company, lots of laughs.
Here is what I did.
Sleep over invites x 2.
Missy is having a sleep over with two friends for her birthday. On the back is the little invite we typed out.

I used the Just a note stamp from the Circles set II and the frame from the Doodle frame set Purple Onion stamps.

Two layouts.

This one is for challenge four of the Carols comp over at Enchanted. We had a shorter time to do this one seeings as we were dashing through the snow, laughing and singing songs in a one horse open sleigh.

We had to use 1 photo of someone laughing and music paper. This is Missy laughing during last years christmas photo shoot.

I had some more fun with Purple Onion stamps. This time the Early 1900's music background along with the Lizzibelle alpha that Philiippa has up in the Lime tart shop. As you can tell it is becoming a favorite of mine.

This layout is for a colour challenge over at Artistic set by Kym. The colours were Brown, Orange and Green. The Basic Grey background I picked to use is more of a greenie brown so I have my brown, a touch in the twine.

Along with the Lizzebelle alphas I have used the Purple Onion Summer themed note block stamp.

I started to work on a Christmas twinchie for the current challenge over at Inkurable stampers before heading home from the crop and was able to finish it today in between doing some washing and just hanging out with Missy.

Here is the Twinchie with Missy's new Christmas toy who she has named Santa Paws.

and on a card.

I have used the Winter wonderland tape from the Holiday border tape set and the snow man and tree from the Celebitties Purple Onion stamp sets.

I also made another card at the crop but won't show it up here as it is to go with the one that was done up for the latest Stampavie challenge that has been accepted for publication asa set of three. One down another to go. Just waiting on another few images to come in from Rach as I used the last one I had here and I'll do the third one.

Seeing as I needed to put together another b'day card for Missy as well as a post for the Lime Tart blog to go up in the week I decided to kill two birds with one card and created this.

Oops think I should leave this one of for now. Lol will pop it up once it has gone up on the blog.

I used up some scraps from one of my old A la tart kits and a Sweet Lili Stampavie image that I received as part of a image swap with the Lime Tart girls. Lucky me I have one of my own on it's way very soon.

Would you all like to play a little guessing game though to see if you can guess just what my tip post on the blog will involve. I'll have a little bundle of cards up for grabs for the first person to guess.

The tip I'll be sharing is

-something I tend to do a lot on my cards but not often on my layouts

-similar to a tip post that was posted by Rach a while back on the Lime Tart blog but using something different

-I have 36 of something that I'll be using but would love to add to my collection if I can

Speaking of Raks if you are reading this Gladie can you email me your addie as I owe you some cards from the name my owls rak I posted a while back.

Well I think that is it from me for now. I have a date with my dd in the kitchen to make Fruit smoothies. She has been wanting to make some all day and I had convinced her to wait till tomorrow as a treat before we head out to her dancing concert rehersals but that was before she has something in her eye that I couldn't get out and I had to pretty much tie her down while dh was out getting fish and chips for tea and flush her eye with water to get it out. So it is fruit smoothies now as a bribe for letting me do what I had to go.

Anyway as always thanks for popping in and any comments you may leave and till nexttime happy scrapping.

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Julie....you are amazing...what Fabulous Creations and I adore them all!!!! You are so talented and give me so much inspiration!!!

My guess is that you use buttons on your cards!!! Am I right?

Wishing you a wonderful day and TFS all the FABULOUS eye candy!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love the cards and the lo's!!!! Just GORGEOUS!!!! And my guess is STAMPS.....but but but I think U maybe have more than 36 of them!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kerryn said...

Beautiful work Julie! Santa Paws is particularly cute too :).

oh and my guess is Copics????

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous...I love coming here, I always feel inspired to create!
I am guessing you'll be using stamps...

Toni said...

Oh Julie, I luv the pic of your Daughter... that is just the cutest pic!!! luv the lo, a great design & luv the embellies. really cute cards, ur just so dang CREATIVE!!!
Hugs, Toni

BecM said...

Always gorgeous! I love getting inspiration from you.

I'm going to guess stamps. I see them alot on your cards but not much on your layouts.

Fiona said...

Julie that is a gorgeous little twinchie, and it looks stunning on that card - I love the colours....

Anne said...

Hi, Julie! Fabulous projects! I especially love the sleepover invite you made! Hope you and yours have a terrific holiday season! :-)