Sunday, January 11, 2009

First and favs for 2008

It was a year of a few first for me last year so I thought I would share them here with you all along with some of my favorite projects too.
Grab a coffee as you made need it. lol
After having my first layout in a Aussie magazine in 2007,2008 was the year of my first project in a US magazine.
Here is the card that was published in the Oct/Nov issue of Paper Trends.
and my favorite card for the year.This one is a wrap around card decorated on the front, inside and the back.
Another first for me this year was being asked to join the team of not one but two challenge blogs. Scrapping the music in the US and Aussie Scrapjack. I was so over the moon about joining the amazing teams on both sites.
These are two of my favorite pages I have done for STM.
Wondeful world.

I did up this page for one of the challenges before I got onto the dt and it is up in their hall of fame as it won that weeks challenge.
Stay beautiful.
This page was one of the first I did as a dter. The journaling is about how I hope that our missy will always stay beautiful on the inside and out.
This next page was one of the hardest for me to scrap. After being a part of the STM team for about 4 months we were all saddened by the sudden loss of one of our talented team members Alieda. This is a page I made up as part of a tribute album that the STM dters were invited to take part in with some of Alidea's other scrapping buddies.
She lived.Seeing as I joined ASJ in December I have only scrapped the one layout as a dter but it happens to be a fav.
Sweet Asher.A jack of a layout by Sarah Gladman.
Another first for me was being lucky enough to make it onto the Purple Onion Designs dt. They are an American based rubber stamp company.
This is my favorite card using one of their noteblock stamps.

and this is my favorite layout using a mix of their vintage style stamps.
Antics.Another first was to start face to face teaching at Just scrapbooking a LSS near where I lived. I have taught three classes so far and even though I was very nervous at first I enjoy it alot. This is my favorite layout taught there today. It just also happens to be a layout that I did up for STM as well.
Daddy.

I have been teaching and setting challenges online over at Scrap therapy as well as this is one of my favorite layouts done for them.
My Dandy girl.
I scrapped this one as part of an inspiration challenge that I was running last year. This year the challenge will be handed over to another dter and I am moving onto a different one. One that I am looking forward to playing around with.
Durring the year I stumbled on the Hero Arts blog and as I am such a lover of their stamps I decided to try and join in on some of their fun weekely challenges. As a result of winning one of the challenges I was lucky enough to work along side Shari Carroll for a day on the blog.
This is my favorite project done as part of my day.
Gardener.A simple page documenting our little gardener and just how far she would go for extra marshmallows on an icecream cone. 1 bucket of rocks removed and tipped into the bin=1 marshmallow. She ended up with 6.lol
Well I think that is all from me for now. Like a said a big share as 2008 was a year of many first for me. I'd love to see your firsts and favs too if you wouldl ike to share.
Thanks for popping in, any comments and till next time happy scrapping.

13 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

What a great year! I just love your style.. Absolutely gorgeous work...

Happy New Year!

Peggy said...

You had an exciting year last year, and I wish you the same for this new year! I love your style, and all of your favs are gorgeous. I have a lot more of your work into my favs at scrapbook.com!
One of my personal favorites since I started scrapping is my LO "Dream" (to be seen in the firt post of my blog), which was actually inspired by one of your LO's. I look forward to another year of being inspired by your wonderful work!
xxx Peggy

jacque4u2c said...

Thanks for sharing those! You have such a great eye for color and detail. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be able to pcik a favourite out of all those wonderful projects you posted. I love every single one of them

Jane Ettia Jones said...

now i could never ever ever pick a favourite....i just love everything

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

awesome I love them all! But the standout for me is "stay beautiful" - loved it when I first saw it! You've had a great year Julie :)

Louise said...

You know Ive been a long time FAN, you just get better and BETTER Julie!!!

Lou :)

Lyndal said...

FANTASTIC achievements for 2008 Julie - here's hoping 2009 will be even better :)!!!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

I don't know how you ended up picking your fav as they are all my fav's (some LO's I'd even forgotten about so it was good to be refreshed).
A big congrats on last year as you had a wonderful year on the scrappy front - hope 2009 is even better.

Anonymous said...

2008 was a wonderful year for you, Julie! I know that this year will be bigger and better! Love to see your work whenever I can. Your new blog is gorgeous!
Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful work.

Sue McGettigan said...

Congrats on all your achievements last year!! Small world, I found you via Andi's blog, Michele from POD is a friend of mine, and I'm from Perth - talk about six degrees of separation :)

Mardi said...

Wow Julie, love your work! It is gorgeous! Awesome achievements, great job! Congrats!

Anne said...

Hi there! Isn't it fun to look back and see such nice accomplishments and special memories? Fantastic recap! :-)