Sunday, November 21, 2010

A challenge card

On Wednesday night when I was scrapping with Jane I was playing around with my pens and stamps. Once I had coloured in the hair and skin of my Sweet Pixies Birgitta I was not too sure just what colour to do the rest of her and Jane suggested purple. Now those that know me, know that doing purple is a real challenge but I so love how the colours in the Basic Grey papers came together with the copics I chose to use.

You make me smile card.


I'm not loving the way the spica on the wings looks though. Oh well I now know not to use it over anything that hasn't been coloured.


Here are the copic colours I have used.
Hair-E50,E51,E53
Skin-E000,E00,E01.R11
Dress and boots-BV0000,BV00,V91,V95
Flower-R11,R12,YG91,93,95

Once I had Birgitta coloured I pop on my computer to see if there were any challenges going that I could do the card for and the first one I checked out was Basic Grey challenges and guess what the challenge was. Wings. So I got to work on putting my card together using one of my growing collection of Nesties, a favorite greeting from one of my Rachelle Anne Miller sets and some punches.

If you get time why not play along as there is still a few days to go before the end of the challenge.

Thanks for popping in, any comments and happy creating.


8 comments:

Ruth Philps said...

She is really cute and the purple is lush!!

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful card. I like the image and the colouring. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Deb said...

WOW! Julie your LO's and cards are stunning. I've just been playing catch up looking at your recent creations......just beautiful.

Colleen B. said...

Gorgeous, so soft & pretty!

Melissa said...

She is beautiful Julie, and congrats on the purple.you have done a beaut job.I have trouble with that horrid colour too, but you have made it look easy.Hope you are going well wayyyy over there on the other side.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Hey Julie, just catching up on your blog and wow, I love your purple card. Loving that Authentic layout and the 5x7 one too - interesting size :)

Lizzyc said...

oo i think this is a very sweet card! a really cute image to use!

Mel said...

I just commented re: this on the following post, but I just love how you coloured here, gorgeous in the two shades of purple. Melxx